ikeGPS Solves Military Engineering Problems
ikeGPS is used by special forces, intelligence groups, public safety agencies and military engineering personnel around the world to capture data, measurements and models in situations that would be impossible with traditional GIS systems. Targets in hazardous or unfriendly locations can easily and rapidly be positioned and measured from a safe distance with "point and shoot" capability, and operations benefit from having a verifiable, georeferenced digital image of each target and measurement.
ikeGPS combines a laser rangefinder, digital camera, compass, GPS and computer in a single handheld device. ikeGPS enables faster, safer, and more efficient field GIS data acquisition through standoff photo positioning: multiple targets up to 1000 meters distant can be measured and positioned from a single location, enabling the operator to remain in a safe or concealed location throughout the capture process.
ikeGPS produces a geotagged digital image of each target location, with crosshairs showing precisely which target was captured and other relevant data superimposed right on the image - providing a new degree of verifiability, speed, and safety in GIS data acquisition.
"The ikeGPS units deliver the ability to assess a target from a safe distance and verify it with an image, this is important to EI2RC because we rely on accurate field information."
- Dr Lynn Hardegree: USACE, Engineering Infrastructure Intelligence Reachback Center, Mobile AL
Benefits of using ikeGPS
- Where the targets or points of interest is in a position which would put the user at risk of harm
- Where the data capture task must be carried out in the shortest amount of time, for example in emergency response situations where large amounts of data must be captured
- Where the quality of the captured data is critical. ikeGPS' integrated components provide proof that the correct point has been captured and completely eliminate back office processing errors
- Where the targets or points of interest are physically difficult to reach or gain access to
- Where the targets or points of interest are legally or bureaucratically restricted
Examples of Military, Intelligence & Public Safety Use
- Military Engineering
- Asset Management
- IED Identification
Some of our customers: