Your right to privacy is important. At Surveylab we believe that personal information you choose to provide online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support.
We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for Surveylab websites, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes.
This Privacy Statement covers Surveylab's family of corporate websites and products.
Please note that if you submit personal data through the Surveylab websites, you will send it to us (Surveylab) in New Zealand. We will collect, process and transfer your personal data in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement but possibly not in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which your reside. By submitting your personal data through a Surveylab web site you consent to Surveylab's collection, use, storage and transfer of your personal data to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located, for the purposes for which it is submitted and in accordance with the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
You can browse most of our web sites without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that Surveylab logs from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user's session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified.
There are times, however, when we may need information from you. us personal information when
- Access or register on one of our websites
- Purchase products or services
- Download or upgrade products
- Register as a user of Surveylab products
- Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and product support, repairs and upgrades
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services
- Enter Surveylab-sponsored contests, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications
- Apply to be considered for employment in connection with a job opening at Surveylab
- Register for a Surveylab User Conference
At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested, however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information to Surveylab you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
Surveylab uses personal information collected on its websites for the purposes for which it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law (e.g., in some jurisdictions we may have to keep invoices under tax laws). We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased or to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered by Surveylab, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Surveylab Companies") or its business partners. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from Surveylab, as discussed in detail below. We use non-personal information to analyze sales trend data as it relates to geography, time and demographics.
In connection with a job application or inquiry advertised on a Surveylab Website, you may provide us with information about yourself, such as a resume or curriculum vitae. We may use this information throughout Surveylab and the Surveylab Companies for the purpose of employment consideration or your inquiry. Except where you tell us not to, we will keep the information for future consideration.
In the ordinary course of business Surveylab will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others absent your consent to do so. Surveylab may share the personal data you provide online with Surveylab Companies and as described below:
- Affiliated Companies and Business Partners. We work together with affiliated companies and business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above. For example, an external service provider listed below may host or operate an online Surveylab service, or process credit card transactions. When an affiliated company or one of our business partners is involved in a transaction with you, we may share personal identifying information related to this transaction.
- Surveylab Authorized Dealers and Distributors. We work with and through members of our distribution channel to provide customers and potential customers with product information and customer service. For example, Surveylab may forward the contact information of a potential customer to a Surveylab-authorized dealer to respond to a customer inquiry about Surveylab products. Or Surveylab may forward such contact information to enable a Surveylab-authorized dealer to furnish customers with a product updates. Surveylab requires that its dealers and distributors keep confidential any personal data of customers or potential customers disclosed to them.
- Agents. We use agents to act on our behalf. For example, agents may fulfill orders, provide support, or organize sweepstakes. Agents are only given access to the information necessary to perform their functions and Surveylab requires that its agents keep confidential any personal identifying information disclosed to them.
- Mergers and Reorganizations. In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by Surveylab outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties.
Please note that our websites contain links to other sites. When you access a third party's website, even one that may contain the Surveylab or ikeGPS logo and content regarding Surveylab's products and services, please understand that the website is independent of Surveylab. We do not control the privacy policies of any third party sites. If you click-through a banner ad or link to a third party site and submit your information, you will be subject to the privacy policies of those third parties. We assume no responsibility or liability for any third party policies or the actions of third parties. A link to a third-party website is not an endorsement.
Surveylab will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for Surveylab products, register as a user of Surveylab products, services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from Surveylab by sending your opt-out request to support@ikeGPS.com. Surveylab will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information online in a public area, such information can be collected and used by others. We do not control the actions of our visitors and registered users. If you disclose personal information in a review, bulletin board or any other publicly accessible portion of a Surveylab website, you do so at your own risk and you understand that your submitted information may be collected and used by others to send you unsolicited messages or advertisements, or for other purposes. Please remember that protection of your privacy begins with you. You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any password you use, and you should always be careful and responsible whenever disclosing information online. Although we will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. Surveylab assumes no liability for the disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or actions of unauthorized third parties. Surveylab cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services.
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us here.